This is a springtime twist on the classic Bellini, adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe. This version of the famous Prosecco cocktail uses a homemade rhubarb purée instead of the white peach purée.
300g rhubarb, trimmed and finely chopped
2 tbsp water
1 bottle of ice-cold Prosecco
- Put the rhubarb and sugar in a pan with the 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid, bring to the boil, and let it simmer for 2 minutes with the lid on.
- Take the lid off and allow it to simmer for a few more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- As soon as the mixture is of a thick, compote consistency, take it off the heat and whiz into a purée with a hand blender or a food processor.
- Allow to cool before dividing the purée between six chilled glasses.
- Top with chilled Prosecco and serve.