A sophisticated cocktail with a crisp cranberry kick! Perfect for a celebration.
- 200g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 250ml cup cranberry juice
- 10 tbsp granulated sugar or sugar substitute
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 bottle of Prosecco (BRUT if possible)
- Orange slices to garnish (optional)
Combine the cranberries and the cranberry juice in a food processor or blender. Blend until berries are roughly chopped.
In a small saucepan, combine the berry mixture, sugar, and orange juice and zest. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until syrupy. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the syrup into a small bowl and let this cool to room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
Just before serving, add 1 tablespoon of cranberry syrup to each glass. Top with Prosecco and a slice of orange on the side!
Serves 6 but you can double quantities if you have a larger party!