For this cocktail, I would say it is worth squeezing out some fresh grapefruit juice and peeling the rind which gives it an extra fresh kick! And, if you can pick up pink grapefuits, they are slightly sweeter and also look prettier in the glass. It also works without the Campari, giving you an alternative to the popular ‘Bucks Fizz’!
Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon are traditional in our house for Christmas breakfast and this fresh Prosecco cocktail makes the perfect accompaniment!
- 15ml Campari (a decent splash)
- 30ml fresh grapefruit juice
- Prosecco Extra Dry
- Grapefruit peel (garnish)
- In a mixing glass/shaker, add the Campari, fresh grapefruit juice and Prosecco.
- Add ice (if you need it extra refreshing!)
- Shake 3-4 times to chill the contents and combine
- Strain into your glass
- Squeeze grapefruit peel over the top and add to the glass