Basil Prosecco Cocktail
Tasting is believing. Trust me it’s delicious!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bottle chilled Prosecco
- 4 lemon twists for garnish
- Stir the sugar and water together in a saucepan on a medium heat until dissolved into a syrup.
- Remove from heat and leave to chill (in the fridge when it’s cold enough)
- Once chilled add the syrup to a blender, add the basil and lemon juice pureeing until smooth.
- Add roughly 1 tablespoon of syrup to each champagne flute or glass, fill with Prosecco and top with lemon twist.